Saturday, March 31, 2012

SXSW 2012 Detailed Outline Day 2


Day Two
Thursday, March 15, 2012

-Woke-up—bagel and coffee at Pete and Lisa’s

-Pete and Lisa dropped us off at the Radisson Hotel in downtown Austin

-Latitude 30 for the showcase British Embassy Music SXSW 2012
-Saw:  Morning Parade / Bitches

Bitches
My Review and Comments:
I really liked the band Bitches.  It was guy on guitar and vocals and a woman on drums and vocals.  I really liked it when the guy would go, “We’re Bitches.”  I was like that is soooo rock n’ roll.

-La Zona Rosa
-Saw:  The Staves / Crystal Fighters

The Staves
(Photo Taken By:  Mary Allen)
Crystal Fighters
(Photo Taken By:  Mary Allen)
 My Review and Comments:
The Staves were amazing.  Their harmonies are spot on and they all three have the sweetest voices.

The Crystal Fighters were so entertaining.  I loved their show and their sound.  They kind of reminded me of mix between a reggae band and ska punk band.  Very cool show and they have a very cool sound.

-The Studio by HGTV—We painted on the wall (Interview with Jonathan)

WRFL is on the wall!!!  Right by the HGTV show Junk Gypsies!!! 

-IFC Crossroads House at Vice
-Saw:  Polica / Punch Brothers
-Interview with Space Between Words

Punch Brothers
(Photo Taken By:  Mary Allen)
My Review and Comments:
After watching Polica and the Punch Brothers, Mary and I sat down and met four nice guys in a band, called Space Between Words.  We were able to get a few words with them for a quick interview.

-tenOak
-Saw:  Two Cow Garage  / Cheap Girls 

Two Cow Garage
(Photo Taken By:  Mary Allen)
Two Cow Garage
(Photo Taken By:  Mary Allen)
My Review and Comments:
Two Cow Garage is one of my favorite bands of all time and this was my first time seeing them live.  And I just have to say that after seeing a Two Cow Garage concert if you are not in love with them, then just quit listening to music.  Just stop.  Harsh?  Maybe.  Should I go that far saying something like that?  I think yes and after you see a Two Cow Garage, you will agree too.

Two Cow Garage is a 3-piece band that is a loud in your face cow-punk band that is here to melt your face off, give your fist pumping hand early stages of arthritis and give your bobbing head whiplash.  One of my favorite live performances of all time.  Two Cow Garage knows how to put on a show and deliver.

Mary and I got to meet Micah the frontman for Two Cow Garage.  He was super sweet and gracious, when I congratulated him on an awesome show and told him how I’ve been  following his band for a long time, that I loved his solo stuff and that I thought he was a terrifc songwriter and vocalist.  I just couldn’t say enough, then again it was probably the word vomit again, because I was nervous talking to Micah.  I mean this was Micah from Two Cow Garage that I was talking to.  The frontman from a band that I’ve been following for four or five years now.  A band that’s music changed my entire life.  Two of their songs saved my life, Glass City and Humble Narrator, which they performed that night at tenOak.  I was sooo excited to hear and see those two songs performed live.

Two Cow Garage a band’s music totally worth checking out and a band totally worth seeing live.

-The Iron Bear
-Saw:  The Ettes / VHS or Beta

The Ettes
(Photo Taken By:  Mary Allen)
My Review and Comments:
The Ettes were great!  They have a great sound and are great live!  The drummer is pretty much amazing to watch.

VHS or Beta was a pretty cool electronic/techno/rock band.  A little different from my taste, but I definitely dug their sound.

-Buffalo Billiards
-Saw:  Say Anything

No comments:

Post a Comment